Australian is a race and it’s white, apparently

We’ve come to the conclusion that the far right live in an inferior alternative universe which has unfortunately intruded on the real world.

You certainly could be excused for thinking so after reading nonsense like this

loonyracetheories

Distinguished ethnologist Kane Fleming, known to his crowd as “K Ano” has taken on the task of explaining race to his fellow knuckle-draggers.

So for the benefit of any ignoramuses who might drop by let’s pull Kane’s theories to pieces and consign them to the rubbish bin.

Briefly, since this is a complex field

*Firstly, there is no such thing as “race”. Modern humans are all one species descended from a common ancestry.

*Secondly, the term “Caucasian” is a relic of theories around at the end of the 19th Century which tried to explain the diversity of modern human populations in racial terms. Modern science does not.

The only people who can lay claim to the name “Caucasian” are people who live in the Caucus region of Asia Minor, which Wikipedia describes as one of the most culturally, ethnically and religiously diverse regions on the planet.

*Thirdly, though the term “Caucasian” may be used in police dramas on TV to identify suspects, it is not a scientific term. It just tells the cops that the suspect looks white and the use of the term is a relic of a racialised past.

*Fourth, “Anglo-Saxon” denotes a language group, not  an ethnicity.

Watch this

* Lastly, there were probably a million Indigenous people in Australia when Kane’s beloved “Caucasians” arrived. These people had occupied the continent for over 40,000 years, so were more “Australian” than the newcomers.

Now by Kiwi “culture” is Kane referring to NZ culture as a whole? Or Maori culture?

Remember white people from Britain also invaded New Zealand but unlike their compatriots who invaded Australia, they drew up a treaty with the original inhabitants.

Not unexpectedly given the company he keeps, Kane hates Muslims.

And while we’re at it we’d like to know how 2% of the population can discriminate against the other 98%. Apparently Kane and his band of scholars know.

And here’s some of Kane’s “likes” which tend to reveal how he developed his batshit theories. Note the neo-Nazi and decidedly geriatric Australia Firsties, the far right politician, the obligatory right-wing nostalgia group, the Muslim-haters and the two Pathetic Defence Leagues with their half dozen or so pimply adolescents bearing plastic light sabres.
kanofleming

Watch and learn