An activist blogger we know recently wrote:
As some of you may know I have been censoring the posts of a serial pest who makes anti-Muslim and racist comments and has in the past threatened me. He has posted again saying that the next time he is in my area – he names my street – he’ll ‘drop in to say g’day’. Clearly this is an attempt to further intimidate me. If anything happens to me or my family here are his details to provide to police. jack 18.104.22.168 He has a druid name email at txc.
We know these tactics only too well.
To help him out, we’ve given him an approximate location for his stalker. It’s a nice little town just south of Adelaide. A pity that the swamp dwellers have reached there.
IP Address: 22.214.171.124
Region: Strathalbyn (AU)
And we have actually passed these details on to the blogger so he can contact SA Police. They may help make life uncomfortable for his stalker.
So on with the (freak) show
Preamble for the failures
We’ll keep it simple for racists and bigots. We know they are not too bright. In fact they are so dumb they think that the First Amendment of the US Constitution is the law of the land in Australia.
Hate to tell them this – it is not. So when they see hate groups in the US like the Westboro Baptist Church spouting bigotry and try and do so here they are potentially liable for legal action.
You see the First Amendment was written around 1776 by a bunch of well-off white farmers and lawyers in the American colonies who were (rightfully) pissed off that they were not allowed to have a free press which could criticise the government, unlike the colonial power itself, England.
That’s all. It is not the 11th Commandment brought down from cardboard Hollywood Sinai by Charlton Heston Moses. In fact it has probably been challenged in the courts more than any other provisions of the US Bill of Rights, simply because as long as you put up such a seemingly admirable law, you are going to have nutjobs, cranks and loathsome haters who will abuse it.
10 ways to be bigger failures than you already are
- Make a defamatory Facebook group or groups targeting someone you think is running an anti-racist group. It doesn’t matter if you are wrong, in your universe the far right is never wrong. After all in their cargo cult Pauline Hanson and John Howard are going to return bringing Centrelink payments and a gas-guzzling SUV for all.
And remember no matter how big the anti-racist group is only one person runs it even if the group profile shows a dozen or more admins. They “must” be all fake profiles.
- When you are not copy-pasting boring hate-filled shite make screenshots of posts at the anti-racist group followed by nasty comments about the poster’s gender, age, appearance and sexuality. And remember they are all Muslims. It doesn’t matter that they mostly are not. So while all the real Muslims are working out in the community keeping the economy ticking over you can keep hardened up from your bedroom at Mum’s or the cheap caravan in some one horse town by insulting and vilifying the false Muslims.
- Steal some photos, preferably from young women. Have a particular gloat over the ones where someone’s partner is featured, particularly if the partner is either of a different ethnic group or is same-sex. Comment negatively on the victim or their partner’s age, height, weight or fuckability, notwithstanding the last time you had a root would be when you managed to save up enough to give a bad time to the local sex workers. They ended up charging you extra woody time, a boredom allowance and they complained to Fair Work Australia.
Bonus bogot points for pics of parents or grandparents. Especially if they have recently died or are terminally ill.
- Because every anti-racist must be Muslim, grab some random pics of people who are Muslim or who “look Muslim”. Doesn’t matter if they are or not – facts don’t matter in Bogotopia. It’s all about feelings. And bogot psychotic episodes feelings are always paramount right?
- Remember the Aboriginals are very dangerous, mainly because they were here first and they often don’t look like you. So spend a lot of online adrenalin pointing out all the things they have that you don’t … like…ah…adequate housing, proper medical services, adequate educational facilities, decent jobs? Also remind them that the Apology has nothing to do with you because you weren’t born when blah blah blah….
- Make up some lame humourless memes using pictures of Aboriginal elders disrespectfully or pictures of people sitting in town camps (remember Aboriginal people are always old, all live in rural or remote areas, all live in town camps and they are always sitting around) pointing out their supposed drinking, substance abuse, violence etc – never mind that Aboriginal people actually have lower levels of drinking on the whole than do other groups.
And we are still waiting for the first child abuse prosecution under the Intervention.
- In your crazed crusade against innocent Australian Muslims don’t forget to post hundreds of false rumours, conspiracy theories, xenophobic rants, pseudo-histories and Photoshopped pictures of bloody and dismembered corpses, preferably sourced from disreputable foreign websites which are tarted up by their resident web-person to look like “respectable” news sites. Add to that deliberate misinterpretations of actual file pictures and the dreaded Photoshams (the notorious Palestinian “child brides” who are not child brides and the woman supposedly beheaded while buried in sand being favourites). Don’t be perturbed when someone points out the sinister resemblance between your activities and the scurrilous hate propaganda disseminated for centuries against the Jews.
- Ignore all references to factual information on scam-busters by Hoaxslayer, snopes.com, Loonwatch and in Sandi Logan’s letter to the media regarding asylum seeker entitlements. In Bogotopia facts do not exist.
- Because even your tiny minds dimly comprehend that notwithstanding (3) there are no facts which will justify your hatred and xenophobia, troll anti-racists sites with your rubbish and post in CAPITAL LETTERS with lots of swear words. This is supposed to scare people and makes up for a complete inability to provide debating points.
- When all else fails threaten anti-racists with lawyers and “suites” (or was that lawyers in suits), forgetting that firstly
IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO BE AN ANTI-RACIST/ ANTI-BIGOT
it is entirely likely that at least some of the anti-racists you target might actually know lots of stuff including the law.
And by that we don’t mean “being known to police” – which is definitely the case with the racist bogots.
Though we could actually do with some new lounge or dining room suites. ASIO Mossad the CIA don’t pay us too well since the GFC.
I’m half tempted to join “Extremists Muso,s Go Home” and start ranting on their wall about Cannibal Corpse (death metal band).
Hehehe! Do it 😛
You need to mention Larry Pickering in here also and his portrayal of Aboriginal people in his “cartoons”, and the excuses he gives for his depictions. The guy is just revolting!!
We will be taking a look at Loony Larry soon. 🙂
And THIS is why this is my new favorite blog.
Strathalbyn is a nice place, other than all the religious nutters … and the whole Royston Vasey vibe to the place. And what, exactly, is an ‘Extremist Muso’? It sounds like a description of Animal from The Muppets.
They don’t like Muslim synthesizers ….they told me.
Heh. Or someone should join the group and start posting so-bad-it’s-good music puns. See if any of them figure it out.
The admin of Extremist Musos wouldn’t understand puns. It doesn’t even understand the joke of its own xenophobia.
Thanks for the link to the aboriginal drinking stats. I have to say I was a bit surprised, but it’s good to have that particular illusion shattered. Although a problem exists with Aborigines being more somewhat more likely to drink at high risk levels when they DO drink – the idea that most of them are drunks is completely untrue.
Although a problem exists with *Anglo-Australians* being more somewhat more likely to drink at high risk levels when they DO drink – the idea that most of them are drunks is completely untrue.
Andrew, I think you’ll find that I didn’t need to be corrected (except for using the word “more” twice in a sentence). See the sub-heading “Aboriginal people who drink do so at harmful levels” in the original link. The main point is that despite this, Indigenous people drink less often and are more likely to abstain from alcohol completely, and it’s unfair that the media and much of the public ignore this more positive fact.
Thanks for taking the time to write about this issue. Unfortunately too many bigots don’t realize they have one thing in common with extremists: they view Islam with a narrow-focused, ahistorical understanding. Unfortunately both groups dominate the media coverage while vast majority continue on their daily lives trying to just live as hard-working, family-loving, decent people who try to do what they can to make the world a better place.
Over here in the UK we have to deal with this lot.
That video makes me laugh every single time.
And the regurgitated shit you post makes me laugh at how stupid and uneducated in life you are! How about you go and get an education and make something of yourself instead of sitting in your bedroom at your mummy’s house until you’re fifty or the day that she dies, whichever comes first, spewing out stuff that has been recycled numerous times by you and all your leftist mates. You can’t come up with ANY valid argument on your own (simply saying “Fuck you” to somebody’s opinion ISN’T valid one bit!).