More signs of racism:
- Most of ‘them’ are criminals. ‘Most’? ‘Them’? ‘Criminals’?
- ‘They’ use a language barrier to get away with ‘these crimes’. Do they? “Sorry officer, I’m going to leave now, because I don’t speakie the Englie.”
- ‘They’ only live here because ‘they’re’ desperate?
- OUR COUNTRY? OUR STREETS? Well firstly, it’s a country we stole from the Aboriginals, but it’s supposedly unAustralian taboo to remind people about this black armband view of history. And secondly, the country belongs to no single demographic – the country belongs to all Australians that pay taxes and/or vote.
- OUR LANGUAGE? We no longer have the right to be bilingual? Paul wanders the streets, wondering what ‘these people’ are saying. He’s so vain that he believes that these people have any interest in talking about him. And even if they are – will they really have any influence in swaying the opinions of people who matter to him? Of course not. They have no mutual friends.
Make no mistake, people. This is pure xenophobic boganism. Claiming ownership of something that was stolen and inherited. Claiming a monopoly on public property in a democratic country. Fearing that all people who choose to speak their primary language with their friends are talking about him. Suggesting that all non-whites are criminals, and that they are getting away with crime because they speak more than language.
Fuck off we’re full of racists Paul.